As promised I have an update on my first quilt of 2018. Two weeks ago I mentioned that I was thinking about changing a few aspects of the pattern. It’s my quilt, so I give myself permission to do so.
The pattern is “Midnight at the Oasis” by Jen Kingwell.
My quilt will be “Almost Midnight at the Oasis”. I think it is fitting because I’ve decided to change a few things.
Here’s photo of my design wall with lots of units sewn together.
The next two weeks will entail finishing the hand sewing in round #2. I did position the baskets facing in instead of out.
I did sew all the churn dash blocks and sew all the courthouse steps blocks together. I cut the separating purple strips too.
I did decide to change the checkerboard to a floating row of colorful blocks alternating with the background fabric. I will sew these on row by row instead of sewing the three strips together and then attaching that row.
I think the quilt will go together quickly after the applique section is complete.
Then the decision of how to quilt it.
My latest Doodle of the month project showed 4 different thread colors (pink, purple, blue and dark green) on a table runner. I liked the dark green best. I like my quilting to show, not hide.
I’m thinking about lime green and a bright purple for this one. It’s a busy quilt, so it’s important to quilt it and give the eye places to rest.
Well, wish me luck! I’ll share my progress in two weeks.