Bali Bags

Spomoni bagKiwiberry bagBali Bags

I’ve been intrigued with the Bali bags for months.  I purchased the clothesline and Bali pops from Hoffman to create these bags and finally had time to experiment.  The Spumonit bag, on the left was my first attempt.  I stongly suggest purchasing a cording foot for your machine to cover the clothesline.  It took me about 2 hours to carefully piece the strips together, press the seams open and the strip in half the long way.  I folded the raw edge in and the folded edge on top.  I used three bobbins and a straight stitch to create the cording.  Then I switched back to my regular foot (1C) and zig zag stitched the bag together.  My settings were 6.0 wide and 2.0 for length.  I purchases handles for the first bag.  When I finished kiwiberry bag, I made handles from more clothesline.  Both bags were made using 100 feet of cotton clothesline, but their shapes are so different.  The third bag I made looks huge by comparison.  It’s more of a magazine bin than a bag to carry.  What did I do differently?  I’m still making bags to figure it out……another addiction for my batik collection.


About inspiredlayerslinda

I was an Island Batik Ambassador for 2017. I enjoyed the challenge of designing new quilt patterns with this very special batik fabric collections. I teach free motion quilting via my Youtube videos and Doodle of the Month program which anyone can sign up for by sending me an email requesting to be added to the list. I enjoy transforming fabric into unique quilts, t-shirts into memory quilts, and photos to wall art. I joined Toastmasters to find my voice and learn to share my quilts and stories with others.
This entry was posted in finished project. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Bali Bags

  1. Jean Russell says:

    Do you sell a pattern on how to cover the clothesline.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s